Our Road Drag Brooms are heavy duty brushes for preparing roadways, paths and even racetracks. This brush is suitable for pushing in metal crushed rock and road base. Designed for heavy duty applications.
Use behind your tractor, truck, 4×4, 4WD or Ute, to smooth out surfaces. Can be bolted to your machinery frame behind your tractor. Can be cut down to desired size.
Australian Made product, manufactured in our Dandenong South facility using heavy duty Cypress Pine Backing sized at 5″(125mm) x 3″(75mm) with 0.09″ Yellow Crimped Polypropylene Fill in 7 staggered rows. Bristle length 8″ (200mm). Bristles are staple-punched into the backing.
- Available in 6 foot, 7 foot, 8 foot
NOTE – These are a special order item and attract oversize freight to your location. Please Contact Us for more detail.
Please allow 10-15 days for production time for these custom brooms.
Road Broom Brushes
Busy Bee Brushware’s Quick Guide to Road Broom Brushes
Road sweepers are undervalued in Australia, but we owe them for keeping our streets clean and tidy. At Busy Bee Brushware, we understand that maintaining road broom brushes is essential to ensuring their longevity, so we thought we’d give you a quick rundown on how to get the most from your road broom brushes.
How to Keep Your Road Broom Brush Clean and Maintained
Like any other brush, road broom brushes need to be regularly maintained to ensure they’re in good condition for as long as possible. Here are Busy Bee Brushware’s top tips for preserving road broom brushes.
- Clear out debris regularly. The road sweepers may be keeping the streets clean, but they need regular cleaning themselves to make sure they’re working at maximum efficiency. Clean out any rubbish, sticks, and stones and make sure the bristles are washed regularly.
- Excessive down pressure is unnecessary. Your bristle filaments will wear out very quickly if they’re in too much contact with the street, meaning you’ll need rotary broom replacement brushes sooner. You can keep the roads rubbish-free without wearing out your broom.
- Make sure your broom is in serviceable condition. Regular services will ensure the broom linkages are in good condition, and will ultimately help your sweeper last longer. Additionally, a technician will be able to notify you when replacement brushes for road sweepers are needed.
Signs You May Need To Get Replacement Brushes for Road Sweepers
No matter how well you keep your road broom brushes maintained, there will come a time when you’ll need a lawn sweeper brush replacement. Here are some signs for which you should be on the lookout.
- Worn bristles and filaments. If the bristles are worn down, bent, old, or breaking, your road broom brush isn’t going to be as efficient. It’s best if you replace it sooner rather than later, so your work can remain consistent.
- When the sweeper starts bouncing. If your road broom brush is bouncing instead of sweeping, it means that the bristles have lost their flicking action, which is essential for removing debris. You’ll need to get rotary broom replacement brushes, or else you’ll just be pushing dirt on top of the dirt.
What Sets Busy Bee Brushware’s Industrial Brushes Apart?
There are a few reasons why Busy Bee Brushware is becoming Australia’s first choice for premium-quality industrial brushes.
- We’re the fastest at making custom orders. If you need custom replacement brushes for road sweepers, Busy Bee Brushware can have them made and sent to you in no time at all. We strive to deliver a high-quality product with a quick turnaround time.
- We’re the experts. With over 35 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and supplying industrial brushes, no one knows the industry better than the team at Busy Bee Brushware.
- We’re Aussie-owned and operated. We’re proud to be an Australian manufacturer of brushes and brooms. We’re a local business with great relationships in the brushware and plastics industries, which allows us to distribute the best quality products in the country.
- We offer premium customer service. We care about delivering the best service possible. We strive to have every customer leave with the product they came for, tips, tricks, and advice for conducting their project, and a smile on their face.
If You’re Looking To Buy Road Broom Brushes, Head To Busy Bee Brushware
Since 1978, Busy Bee Brushware has been designing, manufacturing, and supplying premium-quality brushware and plastic products to homeowners and commercial clients across Australia. We’re renowned for our unparalleled industry knowledge, our friendly service, and our flexibility with custom orders. If you’re after rotary broom replacement brushes, head to our online store today to browse the range.