ROCK OFF TOWING BRUSH KIT – includes Stainless Steel Rail (mounting bracket not included).
Heading into the Australian outback this holiday? Discover ROCK OFF®, the Australian-made stone guard solution. Built tough for Aussie outback conditions when the bitumen highways run out.
The Mounting Rail is a new addition to the ROCK OFF® Towing Brush Strip range of products. This includes your Towing Brush Strip and a stainless steel fabricated mounting rail. Install on the rear of your vehicle, or under your caravan or camper trailer. (Mounting Bracket is NOT included, refer our other Kits).
This is a DIY installation.
There is no “one size fits all” solution. You will need to source an appropriate metal fitting bracket based on your own towing vehicle.
ROCK OFF® Towing Brush Strip Key Features:
Your goods comes with:
- 1 x ROCK OFF® Towing Brush Strip. (max. width 2400mm, can be cut to your desired overall vehicle or caravan/trailer width)
- 1 x Stainless Steel Mounting Rail. (1600mm for vehicle width 1750/1850/1950, 2000mm for caravan width 2200/2400mm). Please contact us if you require a longer length Rail.
- Fittings include:
- 15 x Pan-head Self-Tapping Screws (to fit Rail to Brush)
Why choose ROCK OFF® Towing Brush Strip:
- Helps to prevent rock and stone kick-up from your vehicle wheels. Protect the front of your caravan, camper trailer, boat or other towed vehicle
- Minimises rock bounce-back, protecting against damage to the rear window of your vehicle
- Great for helping to protect your pipework, suspension, tanks and spare tyre under your caravan or camper trailer. Particularly when travelling on the rugged open roads of the Aussie outback.
1.How to order the correct kit length:
- Measure your vehicle from outside wheel to outside wheel
ROCK OFF® can be used in conjunction with most common caravan/trailer chains and electrical fittings. This allows you to maintain full brush coverage across the entire width of your towing vehicle.
- 1750mm – suitable for vehicles like Mitsubishi Triton Ute
- 1850mm – suitable for vehicles like Mazda BT50, Ford Ranger, Toyota Prado
- 1950mm – suitable for vehicles like Toyota Landcruiser Series 200
- 2200mm – suitable for under caravan protection
- 2400mm – ” ” ” “
(Other sizes available as Special Order, please Contact Us for more detail)
2.How to determine your ideal bristle length:
- Always measure when your vehicle is fully loaded
- Your bristle length should be at least 150mm shorter than the distance from the top of your mounting point to the road
- Measure the distance between the top of the mounting point on your vehicle and the road
- Deduct at least 100mm for road clearance, and a further 50mm for the brush backing and rails. That totals 150mm
- For example, if your total distance from mounting point to the road surface is 400mm, then you will need a bristle length of 250mm
- TIP – you are better to use spacers or packers to drop the brush down. This will be easier than to purchase a longer bristle length and try to trim the bristle!!)
Available bristle lengths:
- 200mm (suits mounting height of 350mm or more)
- 250mm (suits mounting height of 400mm or more)
- 300mm (suits mounting height of 450mm or more)
- 350mm (suits mounting height of 500mm or more)
- 400mm (suits mounting height of 550mm or more)
3.Fit to your vehicle or caravan or motor home
- Mounting bracket is not included with this Product listing. This product is ROCK OFF Towing Brush and Stainless Steel Rail only.
- Please refer to our product listings for our other options. Check out our Hitch Mount Brush Kit; U-Bolt Brush Kit; Flat Mount Brush Kit; Side/Frame Rails Mount Brush Kit.
- Our Stainless Steel Rails have drill holes across the length of the Rail. You can drill through the backing of the ROCK OFF Towing Brush to bolt the Brush to your own mounting bracket.
INTRODUCTORY OFFER – 10% DISCOUNT OFF YOUR ROCK OFF ® Towing Brush Strip BRUSH AND RAIL – LIMITED TIME ONLY
EXHAUST KIT OPTIONS AVAILABLE NOW
NOTE: ROCK OFF® Towing Brush Strip is a Polypropylene (plastic) construction. Your brush must be mounted well clear of your exhaust pipe to avoid damage. Heat from the exhaust pipe and hot fumes can distort the bristles.
For best results, mount the brush under the exhaust or behind the exhaust. Please also consider converting your exhaust to side pipes to ensure full clearance of exhaust fumes away from the vehicle.
Have an exhaust pipe in the way? Check out these solutions:
Straight exhaust pipes:
Straight pipes are ideal and do not typically require an Exhaust Kit option. This applies to straight exhaust pipes either above the brush mounting area, or for side pipes facing away from the mounting.
Angled exhaust pipes (within 150mm of brush mounting are):
For pipes angled downwards and within 150mm of the brush mounting area, choose our Exhaust Shield Plate. This fitting has a stainless steel open shield plate to be fitted in front of your exhaust pipe. Then exhaust heat and fumes are drawn into the open area and away from your vehicle. Your Towing Brush Strip bristles are individually stapled. This means individual tufts can be removed with pliers to accommodate fitting. The Exhaust Shield Plate fits over the Stainless Steel Rails and in front of your exhaust pipe. Your Exhaust Shield Plate is fitted with a smaller piece of Towing Brush Strip to cover the gap under the plate.
Angled Exhaust Pipes (150-500mm from brush mounting area):
For exhaust pipes angled downwards and located between 150mm and 500mm (max) away from the brush mounting area, choose the Exhaust Extension Kit. Your Exhaust Extension Kit includes an Exhaust Shield Plate plus 500mm of Stainless Steel Truck Flex Tube. Available in sizes 2.5″ (60mm) or 3″ (76mm). The truck Flex Tube fits over your exhaust pipe and exits through the opening in the Exhaust Shield Plate. The Kit also includes a coupling to fit over your exhaust pipe if required. This allows the exhaust gases to flow away from under your vehicle and not impact the Towing Brush.
Not sure which option is best for you? Please Contact Us and our friendly team will be happy to help.
Checkout our Installation video for Exhaust fitting here
See our ROCK OFF Towing Brush Strip in action here
Disclaimer: It is your responsibility to ensure this product is suitable for fitment and use with your intended towbar and vehicle (vehicle includes Caravans, Trailers, Motorhomes).